Monday, August 07, 2017

MORMONISM IS NOT CORRECT AND ALL WE NEED IS THE BIBLE AND I SHOULD DO RESEARCH

A woman writes:

"Mormonism is a cult. Jesus says in Scripture: "you must be born-again". Do some simple research as to why mormonism is not correct. You don't need anything except Gods truth: The Bible."
I get comments like this ALL THE TIME. Usually people cuss me out while they tell me that Mormonism is not correct, or a "cult." But at least you didn't do that. Anyway, I am so sick of people telling me the same things over and over. Yes we know that you must be born again. But what does that have to do with anything? The Mormon church brings you CLOSER to Jesus Christ and the Bible! It is the true church, restored on the Earth in the latter days by Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. It has the fullness of the gospel, and the correct doctrines. The Bible has errors and mistranslations and many things are misunderstood or overlooked in it. That's why a RESTORATION was needed! That is why there are so many Christian churches, all with different doctrines, etc.
That is how the LDS church got started years ago, when the young Joseph Smith was wondering which church to join, because they all interpreted the Bible differently. So he went to the woods and prayed and asked God which church to join and God told him to join none of them, that none had the fullness of the gospel and that a RESTORATION was needed. Through Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon was translated, and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints was founded. We have the correct doctrines, the Priesthood, etc. It will bring you CLOSER to Jesus Christ and the Bible, because we have The Book of Mormon and other latter-day revelation that helps shed light on the more difficult-to-understand passages in the Bible, and helps make sense of it all. I can't imagine where I'd be without it!
And it makes me furious that you people always tell me to do research. I have explained over and over for YEARS online that I am a CONVERT to the Mormon church. I joined over 35 years ago in my 20s. It was a HUGE decision for me. Nobody in my family was Mormon, and I received flack from family and friends who believed weird things they had heard. But I took time to learn the truth. I read all the anti-Mormon books that I found in Christian book stores of all places, but I knew they couldn't be right. Finally I found some good books about the Mormon church that explained things, and of course the most important book of all is the Book of Mormon. I invite you to read it and study, ponder and pray and ask God if it is true. It will change your life!

No comments: