Wednesday, April 05, 2017

POT QUESTION OF THE DAY: HOW CAN I BE SO AGAINST SOMETHING I HAVEN'T EVEN TRIED?

A guy named "Halloween Fanatic" asks:
"How can you be so against something you haven't even tried? Seems kind of stupid to me.."

It drives me nuts when people ask me this, and believe me, they have asked me this a billion times the past 15 years online, and it is one of the main reasons I realize we all need to speak up against pot even MORE, and why it should be illegal forever, with every stiff penalties! Do we really want people like this walking around actually USING a mind-altering drug? Someone who would ask me how I can be "so against something I haven't even tried"?

I have explained over and over that you don't have to have tried pot to know that people use it to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", enjoy life, etc. Pot smokers ADMIT this to us all the time online, and we BELIEVE them! And that is why we are against it! That is what makes it wrong! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs for these reasons, this is good morals and just plain common sense! What parent would ever raise their kids to grow up and get high on POT? At any age? And it is ILLEGAL! Parents HAVE to make sure their kids obey the law! No parent wants to bail their child out of jail, or have them lose their scholarship or job opportunities! And I say the same things about alcohol! Pot smokers all think I'm just so "hung up on pot", like I think it's the most dangerous, deadliest thing known to man. THAT IS NOT TRUE. Nobody thinks that! It doesn't even OCCUR to them that I'm against pot because it's a mind-altering drug. "What do you have against fun?" they ask me. "It isn't wrong to alter your mind!" And then they try to compare smoking pot to everyday activities like reading, watching TV, jogging, and eating, which they claim are all "mind-altering."

And these pot smokers think that I must be sitting here with my nose in the air, turning down offers right and left to try pot. Again, it is ILLEGAL! Even if I wanted to try it, how could I? Where would I even FIND marijuana? And even if I knew where to find it, you think I'd risk getting busted? And even if it were legal, I wouldn't want to  use it. I am a grown adult and well past the age where I'd want to use a mind-altering drug to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", etc. And it is against my religion! I'm a convert to the Mormon Church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, and we have revelation from God saying why it is wrong to use mind-altering drugs like pot and alcohol. Using drugs like this to have "fun" is not what TRUE fun is. If I smoked pot to get high, I'd have to drop out of my church! But I never smoked pot even BEFORE I had religious beliefs! Nobody ever offered me pot or talked about it to me or anything! And I was a teen in the 70s! Same for my husband! And we sure don't know anybody NOW who smokes pot, approves of it or knows where to find it. But every time I mention my religion, the pot smokers blame THAT on my stance on drugs, accusing me of being a "brainwashed Mormon."

Again, I never even THOUGHT about pot before all this Internet stuff came along. I never smoked pot, I've never even SEEN marijuana. But boy have the pot smokers opened my eyes! I now realize we need to speak up about pot even MORE, and that it should be illegal forever, with very stiff penalties! Not because of marijuana itself, but because of the people who use and defend it!  Do we really want people like this walking around actually USING a mind-altering drug? Heck no! 



1 comment:

Blue Frog said...

I really agree with this Halloween Fanatic..