Wednesday, October 21, 2015

I HAVEN'T SMOKED POT SO I AM BLINDSIDED ABOUT IT AND NEED TO STOP INSULTING PEOPLE WHO ENJOY IT

A young woman named Dihanna writes:

 Im against drugs that destroy ppl that turn them into fiends and irresponsible humans, im against drugs that make u turn into a violent person and that make you desperately addicted. Weed as i have seen the ppl that smoke or ingest it are always calm , funny ,n very hungry lol , it makes them reflect deeply about things most of the time important things. Yes they have fun influenced by this herb and so what if u consider it FAKE fun as long as they arent hurting anyone and they can keep functioning well in their life than it shouldnt matter to anyone if this is their hobby. You have never smoked it so u have a blindsided opinion about it and you need to stop insulting the people who enjoy it.


Sigh. I can't tell you how many people online say that if you haven't smoked pot, you can't possibly speak up against it, and that you need to TRY marijuana in order to have an opinion about it. They all honestly think that if only we would TRY "weed", we would see how "fun" it is and then we'd approve of getting high.

Here is my reply to this young woman:

Yes I KNOW that "weed" usually makes people calm and relax and unwind and high and hungry, etc. But that is what makes it wrong! That is why people are against it! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs for these reasons! This is good morals and just plain common sense! And it is ILLEGAL in most states! Kids need to realize the trouble they can get into if they get busted! It won't help to tell the judge how "safe" marijuana is or that you get good grades. Where I live, you will be treated like a number, a common criminal!

And it makes me FURIOUS when you people say that if I haven't smoked pot I can't possibly speak up against it! What is WRONG with you?? I have said over and over a billion times that you do NOT have to have smoked pot to know that people use it to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", "reflect deeply", etc. Pot smokers ADMIT this to us all the time online, and we BELIEVE them when they tell us why they use it and how it affects them! And that is why we are against it! That is what makes it wrong! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs for these reasons! It is good morals and just plain common sense! Can't you understand that?? And smoking pot is not a "hobby"! It is drug use! We are supposed to have hobbies and interests to relax and unwind and enjoy life, such as sewing, stamp collecting, reading, etc. Not ingesting a mind-altering drug!

I say the same things about alcohol! Alcohol is a drug! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right! A casual booze drinker is no better than a casual pot smoker, except they aren't breaking the law! And I have used alcohol! I know what it's like to be under the influence of a mind-altering drug, to get that "buzz", etc. I have explained over and over that I experimented with alcohol a bit in my immature college days, to be bad and cool and loosen up at a party. I thought that's just what you did! I wasn't religious then and I didn't even realize alcohol is a drug. But it IS a drug! Ask any doctor or go to any drug abuse website. It is the most widely used and abused psychoactive drug in the world!

Just because I haven't smoked pot does NOT mean I can't speak up against mind-altering drugs! I have used alcohol and I know what it is like to be under the influence! And yes I know that marijuana is "different" than alcohol, but it is still a mind-altering drug! Can't you see that?? You ADMIT to me that pot smokers use it to relax and unwind and "reflect"? THAT IS WHAT MAKES IT WRONG!!! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs for these reasons!!

And again, it is AGAINST THE LAW! If you get busted, it won't help to tell the judge what you were using "weed" for! Kids need to realize this! But even if pot were legal, what parent would EVER raise their kids to grow up and get high on marijuana?? At any age?? And I know many of these same parents think nothing of sipping "fine wine" or having a beer with the guys, but they are hypocrites!

Comments like yours only make me angrier and MORE determined to speak up against pot, because I see how clueless you people are. You just don't get it! 


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I found a channel on YouTube today that really disturbed me. It is run by a young woman who not only advocates marijuana usage, but also prostitutes herself to men on the internet! This has to be stopped!

https://www.youtube.com/user/HaleyIsSoarx/videos

And then this channel, which is an Irish man who advocates drinking and fornication:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsWZn5b_4GISy3FO6Pxcq7w

Please Cindy, you have to do something!

Anonymous said...

The Dana Crew wants to know if you've learned about headboard banging.