Thursday, July 09, 2015

POT SMOKER ADVICE OF THE WEEK: SMOKE A JOINT, EAT A BROWNIE, INHALE SOME SMOKE

A guy named Daniel writes:

 Please just smoke a j eat a brownie passively inhale some smoke and you'll understand why your offending so many cannabis users!!! its just some fun! iv smoked it for over a decade with no negative effects other than occassionally being accosted by the policeandthen being let off with a caution. its not a gateway drug if your going to do other drugs thats on you, you have this wonderful thing called free will that lets you think and do so much and your limiting yourself to argiung over something you've never tried

My reply:

AARGGHHH OH YOU GUYS DRIVE ME CRAZY!!! The main reason I have been forced to continue speaking up against pot all these years is because of people like YOU, always accusing me of thinking that anybody who smokes pot will "ruin their life" and turn to hard drugs, etc. NOBODY THINKS THAT! For the billionth time, doesn't it even OCCUR to you that the reason we are against pot is because it's a mind-altering drug??? We shouldn't use drugs to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", enjoy life, celebrate, socialize, etc. This is good morals and just plain common sense! I say the same things about alcohol! Alcohol is a drug! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right! If someone told me they had a few sips of champagne at a wedding once every ten years, I would feel the same way!!! Can't you see my point??

And I am SO SICK of you people telling me that if I haven't tried pot, I can't possibly speak up against it! As I've said a billion times, you do not have to have tried pot to know that people use it to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", etc. Pot smokers ADMIT this to us all the time online, and we BELIEVE them when they tell us why they use it and how it affects them! And that is why we are against it! That is what makes it wrong!

And how could I have ever tried pot? It is ILLEGAL! Where would YOU even find pot?? Who are you that you're above the law? You should be ashamed of yourself! Even if pot were legal it doesn't make it right! What parent would ever raise their kids to grow up and get high on drugs? At any age? And I know many of these same parents who would NEVER smoke pot because "drugs are bad" think nothing of using a mind-altering drug in the form of alcohol. But they are hypocrites! A casual booze drinker is no better than a casual pot smoker except they aren't breaking the law!

And using drugs is against my religion! What do you want me to do, tell God he is wrong and drop out of my church, because some pot smoker online told me it's okay to get high? I am a convert to the Mormon church and we have The Word of Wisdom which we believe to be direct revelation from God saying that alcohol, tea, coffee, cigarettes and mind-altering drugs like marijuana are not for the body. We are taught the moral and physical reasons to avoid using these things. This HELPS us. It is good to understand why we shouldn't use mind-altering drugs to get high and have "fun". That is not what TRUE fun is!

But I never smoked pot even BEFORE I had religious beliefs! You had to be a totally different person to go out and break the law and get high on drugs! Nobody ever offered pot to me or talked about it to me or anything! And I was a teen in the 70s! Same for my husband! And we sure don't know anybody NOW who smokes pot, approves of it or knows where to find it! It is ILLEGAL!

You guys always say the same things over and over and over. This proves my point about why we all need to speak up against pot and why it should be illegal forever, with very stiff penalties. Again, it is not because of marijuana itself, but because of the people who use and defend it! Like you! Do we really want people like you walking around actually USING mind-altering drugs? Heck no! Look at you! Instead of being a nice, decent mature guy and taking a stand AGAINST drugs, you accuse me of thinking that anybody who smokes pot is a stupid, lazy, good-for-nothing bum who will ruin their life, and you honestly think that if I have not TRIED pot, I can't possibly speak up against it! OH BROTHER!

And yes I KNOW that we all have free will! You guys tell me this all the time! I have said over and over that I totally support free will! That's what life is all about, to exercise our free agency, to learn and grow spiritually! But do you REALLY think it's a wise decision to light up a joint, smoke it and get high? Aren't you better than that?? And it is AGAINST THE LAW! Kids need to realize this! If you get busted, it won't help to tell the judge you believe in "free will"! I have seen kids go through hell in the court room just for having an empty pipe! Even if the pipe wasn't theirs and they never smoked pot in their lives! Where do you live that you were able to get let off with just a caution??

Oh you guys drive me bananas. I never even THOUGHT about pot before all this. But boy have you guys opened my eyes!! 

1 comment:

Reginastarr said...

Also +cindybin2001​:


A new national survey released today by the Pew Research Center reveals that a broad majority of Americans are ready to significantly reduce the role of the criminal justice system in dealing with people who use drugs.

Among the key findings of the report:

More than six in ten Americans (63%) say that state governments moving away from mandatory prison terms for drug law violations is a good thing, while just 32% say these policy changes are a bad thing. This is a substantial shift from 2001 when the public was evenly divided (47% good thing vs. 45% bad thing).  The majority of all demographic groups, including Republicans and Americans over 65 years old, support this shift.At the same time, there has been a major shift in attitudes on whether the use of marijuana should be legal. As recently as four years ago, about half (52%) said they thought the use of marijuana should not be legal; 41% said marijuana use should be legal. Today those numbers are roughly reversed – 54% favor marijuana legalization while 42% are opposed.  Just 16% say it should not be legal for either medical or recreational use.Two-thirds (67%) say the government should focus more on providing treatment for people who use drugs like cocaine and heroin. Just 26% think the focus should be more on prosecuting people who use such drugs.

You can read the full article here: http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2014/04/new-pew-poll-confirms-americans-ready-end-war-drugs
But unlike you I back my shit up. You are in the minority so please stop saying that you don't say anything any other parent wouldn't say.

kisses