Monday, May 11, 2015

POT QUESTION OF THE DAY: WHY ISN'T MARIJUANA LEGAL?



Yes, are you all still wondering why marijuana is illegal? I'll tell you why. It's because the person below, a guy named Zack, posted the above little chart/poster thingie. Yes, this guy has a YouTube channel with a description page that reads:

  • All cannabis and hemp related info to get people involved and educated on the medical, social ,and industrial benefits of this wonderful plant. Together we can change these ridiculous and unjust laws on the books today.
Get Educated
Get Involved
Together we can

"Stop the Madness"

And then he also said directly to me:

"You should smoke cannabis, it will enlighten you. You sound like a lost soul in need of rescheduling."

Yes, just because I have said we shouldn't use mind-altering drugs to get high and stoned and have "fun", Zack, actually thinks that if only I would TRY pot, I would see how great it is to be high. I can't tell you how many Internet pot smokers tell me that each week. And people wonder why we all need to continue speaking up against pot. Everyone needs to realize that these are the people we would be legalizing "weed" for. Do we really want people like that walking around actually USING drugs? Heaven's no. 

Here is my motherly reply to this young man:

AAGGHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE IT! You must be the 200th Internet person just this week to suggest I TRY pot. What is wrong with you people? It is comments like yours that only make me more convinced that we all need to speak up against pot and that it should be illegal forever, with very stiff penalties! It is not because of marijuana itself, but because of the people who use and defend it! Like you! Do we really want people like you walking around actually USING a mind-altering drug? Heck no! Look at you. Instead of being a nice, decent, mature guy and taking a stand AGAINST drugs, you have the audacity to suggest I TRY marijuana, as if that would get me to realize how great it is to be high! You just don't get it!

First of all, where would I even FIND pot? It is ILLEGAL! Nobody has ever offered me pot or talked about it to me or anything! And I was a teen in the 70s! Same for my husband! And we sure don't know anybody NOW who smokes pot, approves of it or knows where to find it. It is against the law! You guys all act like I'm sitting here with my nose in the air, turning down offers right and left! And even if I knew where to find pot, do you think I would risk getting busted where I live?? I have seen kids go through hell in the court room, just for having an empty pipe! Even if the pipe wasn't theirs and they never smoked pot! The laws are very strict!!

But even if pot were legal it doesn't make it right! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, have "fun", etc. You guys all act like if only I would try pot, I would see how "fun" it is to get high. You all think that I think that pot will make you go crazy or something. Nobody thinks that! I'm sure if I tried pot it WOULD be relaxing and "fun". But that is what makes it wrong! We shouldn't use mind-altering drugs for these reasons! This is good morals and just plain common sense! Using drugs to have "fun" is not what true fun is!

And it is against my religion! What do you want me to do, drop out of my church? I have explained over and over that I'm a convert to the Mormon church and we have The Word of Wisdom which we believe to be direct revelation from God saying that alcohol, tea, coffee, cigarettes and mind-altering drugs like marijuana are not for the body. We are taught the moral and physical reasons to avoid using these things. This HELPS us. It is good to understand why we shouldn't use things like marijuana and alcohol to have "fun". Again, that is not what TRUE fun is. We are supposed to use our own minds, and have hobbies and interests to relax and unwind and enjoy life, not purposely ingest a mind-altering drug like alcohol or marijuana into our system!

But I never smoked pot even BEFORE I had religious beliefs! The thought never even crossed my mind! You had to have been a totally different person to use illegal drugs! And I am a grown adult now and WELL PAST the age where I would want to use a mind-altering drug like marijuana or alcohol to relax, get buzzed, become "enlightened", etc. What a thing to do. People need to grow up and set an example!

Speaking of illegal, where do YOU find marijuana? Who are you that you're above the law, helping to keep the whole illegal drug trade in business and all the crime and violence by the cartels? You should be ashamed of yourself. How old are you? Where are your parents? Do they know you smoke pot? What type of woman would want to date or marry a guy who smokes pot? Don't you want to marry a NICE woman, someone who will be a good mother to your children someday? Aren't you worth that? Think of your future! I suggest you take steps to modify your behavior before it is too late. You will be glad you did! 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No one has offered you pot or anything else because you're a psycho and no one likes you or wants to be around you. Except you demon dolls.

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy. Jason A here-
So your objections seem to be these: First, we shouldn't be smoking (or vaping or eating I suppose) this plant to have fun. Second, that your church says not to.

Okay, on the first one, this begs an immediate question: Why not? What makes one way of having fun bad, but a different way good? I'm making the assumption that you don't have anything in particular against having fun. I'm basically asking this question in two places, hoping that maybe I'll get a serious response at one of them at least. As long as whatever you're doing for fun does not harm anyone else, and doesn't really present much particular risk to you, what exactly is your objection? All I ever see you writing is that we just shouldn't do it "because". That's not an answer. You never present a concrete reason for your objection to it. Then when people send you a negative reply, you freak out and start DOING THIS BIT. Well, of COURSE people aren't going to take that kind of thing well. "Because I said so" is only enough reason for young children. If you tell an adult they shouldn't do something "just because", of course they aren't going to listen. As far as the religious angle, surely you understand that most people aren't Mormons.
Something else I'm curious about: Why all the histrionics in your posts? Not to mention the profanity. You've basically become known as one of the biggest trolls on YouTube. That took serious effort on your part. I just can't figure out your motive. Did you set out to get this reputation? Did it start happening and you found yourself enjoying it? For the most part, trolls tend to be young adult makes, which as far as I can tell, you're not. You write post after post claiming emotional damage, talking about how hard you try to explain yourself and nobody gets it, etc., but in order to for you to purposely keep baiting people on YouTube the way you do, it must have SOME appeal for you.... If you don't want to reply publicly, reply to ja41573@yahoo.com. I'd be very interested in hearing what you have to say, as long as it was honest. I'm not interested in just getting a stock rant, though. Actual honest, CALM relies are what I'd like. What could it possibly hurt? This is only assuming you're a real person, and not an elaborate and pointless hoax.

Cindybin said...

Jason, I just saw this comment. I cannot BELIEVE it! You are the one who wrote a big long thing to me before about how you are all about MEDICAL marijuana! And yet you say all THIS?? Comments like yours prove my point about why we all need to speak up against pot and why it should be illegal forever, with VERY STIFF PENALTIES. It is not because of marijuana itself, but because of the people who use and defend it, like you! Do we really want people like you walking around actually USING mind-altering drugs? HECK NO!

And STOP BLAMING MY CHURCH ON MY STANCE ON DRUGS! i have said over and over that I never smoked pot even BEFORE I had religious beliefs! I don't know ANYBODY in real life who smokes pot, approves of it or knows where to find marijuana, religious or not!

You need to GROW UP. You claim to be all about medical marijuana, using it for your severe headaches, but you are a typical jerk who can't even see why it's wrong and immature to use mind-altering drugs to have "fun". Can't you see that that is not what TRUE fun is??? Again, grow up already! Is this how you're going to raise your kids someday, to grow up and get high on POT? And what type of woman would want to date or marry a guy with an attitude such as yours? Don't you want to marry a NICE woman? Someone who will be a good mother to your children someday? Aren't you worth that? THINK OF YOUR FUTURE! A NICE woman is not going to want to date or marry a guy who thinks nothing is wrong with smoking pot recreationally!