Wednesday, April 15, 2015

THE MIDDLE BAD EXAMPLE: MIKE AND AXL DRINKING BEER



THE MIDDLE SETS A TERRIBLE EXAMPLE WITH MIKE AND AXL DRINKING BEER

I just finished watching tonight’s episode of ABC’s The Middle, where they devoted a whole storyline to Mike taking his son Axl out for a beer because he turned 21! That is TERRIBLE! Alcohol is a drug! Just because it’s legal doesn’t make it right! And what gets me is that I have ranted against alcohol for years. Haven’t the writers of that show read a thing I’ve written??

What kind of father takes his son out to consume a toxic, highly-addictive psychoactive DRUG??? I bet he would croak if Axl ever smoked pot. That’s because “drugs are bad”. But alcohol is a drug! Ask any doctor or go to any drug abuse website. It is the most widely used and abused psychoactive drug in the world!!

I would croak if I had a husband who drank beer! And I’d really croak if he ever took our sons out to consume this chemical!

Usually I love The Middle and am glued to the TV every Wednesday night, and also even watch reruns late at night sometimes. I think it’s hilarious and very well written. And I have tried to overlook the times that the parents drink on this show. But this was just TOO MUCH. Mike purposely taking his son to a BAR, to consume ALCOHOL, just because he is 21. And Mike said he did this because he remembers this “nice thing” that HIS father did for him when HE was 21! So he considers going to a bar to consume a toxic, highly-addictive psychoactive drug a “nice thing”???

This sets a terrible example. It’s bad enough that so many people in this world think that there is nothing wrong with using mind-altering drugs. But now a very popular show which is supposed to portray a good, decent family makes it sound like taking your son to a bar for booze is a just “the thing to do.” And they think that because alcohol is legal, it must be right. They don’t even view alcohol as a drug! But it IS!!!

And people think that it’s okay as long as you “drink in moderation” or “drink responsibly.” Well the pot smokers use this lame excuse, too! I’d have more sympathy for a raging alcoholic than a casual booze drinker. At least the alcoholic has an excuse; they are addicted and hopefully will get help. But casual booze drinkers, just like casual pot smokers, have no excuse. They can’t even see why it is wrong and just plain immature to use a mind-altering drug recreationally. And people say “everything in moderation.” Well where does it end? Cocaine in moderation? Heroin in moderation? We shouldn’t use mind-altering drugs at all! And people say it’s okay smoke pot or drink alcohol “responsibly.” Well my whole point is that a RESPONSIBLE person would not want to use a mind-altering drug recreationally, period!

And we will NEVER get the pot smokers to understand why it is immoral and just plain immature to use drugs, as long as nice, decent people use alcohol. I have chastised pot smokers online for years, and their number one excuse is, “Pot is safer than alcohol.” I tell them over and over, “We shouldn’t smoke pot OR drink alcohol! How hard is that?? People need to grow up and set an example and not use mind-altering drugs to get high, stoned, buzzed, relax, unwind, have “fun”, enjoy life, celebrate, socialize, etc. What a thing to do!” But the pot smokers just don’t get it. They see all these grown adults using alcohol, and they feel further justified in continuing THEIR drug use. Now all the pot smokers who see that episode will continue to think it’s okay to light up a joint and get high and buzzed. After all, the nice, wholesome Heck family uses a mind-altering drug, so why can’t they?


Geez Louise. It’s so frustrating. When will people ever understand why we shouldn’t use drugs???

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing with my dad when I was old enough to drink :) except that was when I was 19, not 21; different drinking age here. Plus we went to a normal restaurant instead of a bar.

We didn't get wasted by any means, but it was a nice daddy-daughter birthday dinner. I don't see any harm so long as everyone's being responsible. Plus the Middle's fictional lol

Cindybin said...

Dear Anonymous, Did you not read a thing I wrote? I just explained how alcohol is a mind-altering drug, and a toxin! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right! I just explained about how a RESPONSIBLE person wouldn't want to use a mind-altering drug in the first place, and that I'd have more sympathy for a raging alcoholic than a casual booze drinker!

I suppose you are one of the immature bully pot smokers, right?

Anonymous said...

What is wrong with it being a mind altering substance? We drink caffeine, beer, take aspiri on a daily basis. As long as it is not affecting other people or your responsibilities what is wrong with it?

I guess I just don't understand why a responsible person would not want to sue a mind altering drug in the first place. What about it makes it inherently wrong?

When the public agrees something is moral and therefor legal, shouldn't we be free to enjoy it?

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't think I am attacking you, I just wanted to gain some insight on your thought process. I like how you stand up for what you think is right, I just wanted to know why you think it is right.

Cindybin said...

I have explained over and over why it is wrong and just plain immature to use a mind-altering drug! That is not what TRUE fun is! You wouldn't smoke pot, would you? Heaven's no, because "drugs are bad" and you aren't a drug user. But alcohol is a drug! Just because it's legal doesn't make it right! People need to grow up and set an example!

And yes I know that other people drink booze and smoke pot. But that doesn't make it right and it doesn't mean YOU have to! Aren't you better than that?

And aspirin?? You can't compare that to pot and booze! Why would you even bring that up??

And caffeine is not the same kind of effect as pot and booze! You guys always bring up caffeine! You can't compare that at all!

Go read my thousands of comments and tons of blogs and my BOOK about why we shouldn't smoke pot or drink alcohol.

Anonymous said...

No, I'm not a pot smoker or a bully!!! Why would you assume that?

And nothing is wrong with drinking as long as it's done responsibly. Sure it's not very healthy, but neither is 80% of things sold in grocery stores. If you're moderate with it, it won't kill you to drink.

It was a very nice birthday-outing and enjoyed my drink, I don't see anything wrong with this. Just because someone drinks does not make them irresponsible!

Cindybin said...

Aargghhh I can't believe it! After all the things I have said, you still tell me that it's okay to drink "responsibly"??? My whole point is that a RESPONSIBLE person would not want to use a mind-altering drug in the first place!! And yes it's unhealthy, but even if it were good for you, just the fact that it's a mind-altering drug makes it wrong and just plain immature! Why is it so hard for people to understand this?? People need to grow up and set an example and not use mind-altering drugs like marijuana or alcohol to get high, buzzed, relax, have "fun", etc. That is not what TRUE fun is!

Gunvalds Bryggeri said...

It's a good thing to have a beer or six with your old man time from time. It is not immature as you have to be an adult to drink beer. It doesn't matter if it is unhealthy, so are candy, sugar and hamburgers.

True fun is what you perceive as fun. If I think it is funny to drink beer, then I obviously think that it is funny.

Using mind-altering drugs is only bad according to the Mormon philosophy. Atheists like myself see no right or wrong in doing it. It is totally objective. Drugs are fine as long as they are legal in my point of view. Caffeine is twice as stimulant as cocaine, I guess cocaine is fine for you then? I wouldn't do cocain though, it is illegal.

I recommend you to watch "How Beer Saved The World". We would be dead without beer. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PdwYjFnFoJU

If there is a God, then that God would be the first brewer of beer.

Cindybin said...

Gunvalds, what is WRONG with you???