Monday, June 02, 2014

A NEW BED FOR THE CATS CUTS DOWN ON FUR


I guess the bed worked.

In my quest to deal with the never-ending problem of cat fur, I bought another pet bed for my two kitties. The pretty magenta color caught my eye, and it was in the clearance bin marked down to under $10. I already had a couple of beds in the living areas downstairs, but decided to put this on one of the twin guest bed upstairs because, while the cats like all the beds, they prefer that one and always leave behind piles of black and gray fur. A year or so ago I had decorated that room with cute new purple flower bedspreads, but I ended up always covering one or both beds with a sheet. Needless to say this didn’t go well with my d├ęcor.

So I brought the new pet bed home, took off the sheet, and set it on the guest bed. Boy did they like it! They have slept in it together (a tight squeeze) and taken turns napping individually. However, they still like to spread out sometimes, so I laid out a pretty pink towel on the spot they usually slept when the sheet was there. This way, when guests come by, I can easily pick up the towel and hide it away, and the pretty magenta pet bed can stay.


Here are a few pictures taken over the course of an hour or so on their second day of enjoying this new bed. As you can see, big black Bowler started out sleeping alone (he takes up most of the bed himself), then Brisco joined him. Bowler then decided to leave, even with his brother trying to groom him, and go sprawl out on the towel. After a little snooze, Bowler returned to the pet bed, and the brothers were together again. It’s just oh so comfy.











4 comments:

Lauren_Cheerio said...

Awwwwwwhh.... Cute! :)

Anonymous said...

YOU BETTER BE PLANNING ON APOLOGIZING ON HERE. YOU OWE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE A TRUE APOLOGY FOR YOUR WICKEDNESS!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

APOLOGIZE NOW!

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I found out you got busted for having a meth lab. Wanna help me out?