Wednesday, January 08, 2014

CINDYBIN'S VIDEO PICKS: YUMMY, YUMMY, YUMMY AND CALL ME




Happy New Year! Hope you had a good holiday season. If you are snowed in like me, here are a few videos to put you in a good mood. The first two feature the song “Yummy Yummy Yummy (I got love in my tummy)”—performed by The Ohio Express in 1968. The second video is from the ending of a Monty Python episode about “How Not to Be Seen.” For those not familiar with Monty Python or this episode, the group is supposed to be singing inside the wooden boxes so as not to be seen. (As one commenter put it, “one of the best episodes, I thought…nice gentle humor…KABOOM!”) The group singing this version is uncredited.

I’m also including Chris Montez singing “Call Me” from the mid 1960’s. We were going through some old cassette tapes I have had since the early 70s and I came across this song I had recorded off the radio then. It’s so catchy! As the announcer on this video says, it’s a “hand-clapping hit!” That’s me dancing at the top of the stairs (I wish!).

Montez is 70 years old and still performing. Along with Tommy Roe, he was a co-headliner for the Beatles first American tour. A documentary on his life, “The Chris Montez Story”, is due to be released this year.  

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chris Montez how can you like him when he was drunk at every opportunity. You hypocrite

Cindybin said...

I didn't know Chris Montez was a drinker. I really don't know anything about him. I just like the song.

And why are you being mean? Who are you?

troubledjealousteen said...

Cindy my mom was sent to prison so my dad smokes marijuana to help him cope with his depression. My 14 year old brother likes it but doesn't smoke it same with me. Why would you think that cannabis should remain illegal.

Anonymous said...

I Like Cleavage. Does that make me a bad Christian?

Cindybin said...

Yes, and an all-around bad human being.