Thanks to Beast'sbelle at NeverGrowUpDollGuide for nominating me for an Elegant Blogger Award! Here are the answers to the 12 questions:
1 1. Why did you start blogging? I originally started my blog back in 2001 as a place to post my weight loss story. I had had success on Somersize, a controlled-carb program, and many of the ladies I Somersized with posted their weight loss stories and before/after photos on their websites. I used the old Yahoo “Geocities” site but when they went defunct I moved it to Blogger. I blog now mainly as a creative outlet, since I am a former newspaper reporter and writing is in my blood.
2. What is your fashion style? I like to be comfortable as well as modest, which means t-shirts and culottes in the summer, and jeans or sweat pants in the winter. When I’m at home by myself I’m a real slob.
3. What is something your followers don't know about you? I have lots of things that I don’t tell anyone about, but as far as something I can “share with the world,” I can’t think of anything interesting or out of the ordinary. How about that I had mononucleosis my sophomore year of college and had to miss a month of school?
4. What is one of your blogging goals? I have lots of ideas, it’s just hard finding the time or motivation to write. I’d like to post more regularly and be more organized. I also would like to write a blog entitled, “Doll Collecting 101 for Pot Smokers and Other Bullies” to educate all those who make fun of me and others who collect dolls as a hobby. Because I have spoken up against drugs, profanity, etc., I run across a lot of “bullies” or clueless people online who honestly think that only little girls can have dolls. They know nothing about doll collecting as a hobby for adults, and I want to educate them (even though they will still be mean). I also want to write more blogs about what pot smokers have said to me, so that voters and lawmakers can see what they are like. And I want to write a blog about what people have said to me when I have spoken up against profanity and alcohol and pornography. All this in addition to tons of blogs about dolls and cakes and current events and vital social issues and other fun stuff! If only I didn’t have to sleep!
5. Where is your favorite place to shop? Target, ToysRUs, eBay, thrift stores, garage sales, doll shows, and fancy stores even though I can’t afford anything there.
6. What would your ideal amount of followers be? I’d like to have all the followers in the world, haha. But I only have about 20 at the moment. Two are friends who never really read my blog, and several are pot smokers who only subscribed to annoy me. I don’t think I have any regular readers. Judging from the “blog stats”, people only find my blog by searching for subjects or people I have written about (such as exercise lady Nancy Larson or the Three Stooges movie). They seem to glance at the blog and leave. Very few people comment (or if they do, they are pot smokers and it is usually so vulgar I can’t print it!). After my years of posting on the old Yahoo boards and being voted “Yahoo Troll of the Year” in 2004, with websites and message boards made about me, I thought I was so well-known online. But I sure don’t have many followers.
7. What are your talents? I can sew, crochet, decorate cakes, write shorthand and write good newspaper articles and blogs.
8. Are you a leader or a follower? I suppose I’m more of a follower, although I could be a leader if I had to.
9. What is your favorite quote?
“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there our heart will be also.” Matthew 6:19-21.
10. Do you have a favorite book or book series? I love Trixie Belden mystery series, which I first read as a little girl. I also like Jane Asher cake decorating and craft books. I love Emma by Jane Austin, and Little Women by Louisa May Alcott.
11. Out of all the synonyms for elegant, which would you describe yourself with (smart, dressy, stylish, graceful, or fine)? I would say I’m fairly smart and graceful, and I can be stylish in my own way.
12. What is your favorite flower? Violets.
As for tagging 12 people, that is impossible. I don’t follow many blogs. I had a few in mind but they were already tagged. But here are three: