Saturday, September 28, 2013

REAL CATS, FAKE RABBIT-FUR CATS AND FURREAL FRIENDS CATS


So real-looking, yet so fake.

Here are some cute rabbit-fur cats I have acquired over the years. I got them out recently and the grandkids were having so much fun, combing their hair and petting them. I thought I’d post a few pictures to show how realistic they are. It isn’t until you get them next to an actual cat that you see how small they are in comparison. The picture of Brisco sleeping with the all-white cat was taken in 2009 when he was still a fairly small kitten. Don’t they look cute together? Unfortunately that white cat soon met with an unfortunate accident when I inadvertently left it unattended for a few minutes and Brisco and his brother Bowler got ahold of it and tore off some of its fur. I think it can be repaired but I haven’t gotten around to it yet. The other photos were taken just last week.

I haven’t bought any more of these cats because I read online that rabbits are treated cruelly in China, where the fur industry is unregulated, and that many little bunnies suffer needlessly just so others can have fur coats and little trinkets. Actually I found some of these at garage sales and thrift stores, so they were already second-hand, but I won’t be buying any new ones.

They ARE cute, though, and so soft! I just have to be sure to keep them away from the real cats! I’m also including an old photo of Brisco with my “FurReal Friends” mechanical white cat. That is made with synthetic fur so I don’t have to worry about anybody eating him. 






No comments: