Sunday, January 27, 2013

CINDYBIN'S VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK: AMERICAN GIRL DOLL HOUSE





It's getting closer! I actually got my husband to sit down and watch a few YouTube videos on "how to make an American Girl Doll House"! There are some where guys (the fathers and husbands who made these things) take you step by step through the process. And Mr. Bin even took some measurements and looked at some boards at the home improvement store! Oh boy oh boy oh boy! I can't wait!

But even so, who knows how long it's going to take him to actually BUILD the thing--what with work and all. He still has yet to buy an actual board for this project. Oh well, after bugging him for MONTHS, at least it's a start! 

The above photo shows a mom and her daughter standing by their decorated doll house, and here is a short video showing another doll house being built and painted. Neither of these are my actual dreamhouse; there are lots and lots of other videos where teens and ladies show their dolls in other types of structures I like better, and where they make skits with the dolls and give tours, etc. But this is just a sample of how a simple one can be made. If I were handy with tools I'd do it myself, but I don't know the first thing. I'll just stick to the decorating when it's finished. I have all kinds of plans--wallpaper, carpeting, molding, lights, etc. I will post pictures when it is is finally playtime!! 



No comments: