Friday, April 20, 2012

CINDYBIN'S VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK: BHOOLA SAB

Cindybin’s Video Pick of the Week: Bhoola Sab by Euphoria

(This is a rerun from 2009 from my old Yahoo blog.)


Bhoola what?

Sab. Bhoola Sab. I have no idea what this obscure Hindi dialect phrase means in English, but it is the name of a catchy tune by the Indian rock band Euphoria.

We discovered this song while watching some video program last week, and ended up replaying it several times, it was so good. I haven’t found much about this group online, other than they have been around since the 90’s and were among the first bands to bring rock culture to India.

I think the lead singer has a nice voice and I really like the background singers. The song has a good beat and you can dance to it—I’d give it a 10. I easily found the video on YouTube, so I thought I’d share the link with you. Meanwhile, I’ll keep trying to find out what “bhoola sab” actually means. All I know is that “shoobie-do-wah” apparently is the same in both languages.

“Bhoola Sab”, by Euphoria: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIurW4R6J4M

5 comments:

Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jillian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.